Monday, November 25, 2013

Suicide


You're in the clouds.  No more pain.
You're in God's lap.  I keep calling your name.
You're the mid child, wild child, all-the-way-live child,
That 'girl is on fire' child.

The first time, glazed eyes and charcoal promises
Flowed like a babbling brook. 
I'll get better.  Wait and see.
You meant it then.

The second time, you grabbed my hand
After the bucket I fetched
Just before you wretched.
You meant it then.

The third time you splashed
Daddy's pills down with Seagram's.
The good stuff.  There were so many
Empty bottles.
You meant it then.

He never knew when he flew
Away a few weeks after you;
How shocked he probably was
When he saw you!
How we wept over you!

I got your stuff,
Went through your stuff,
Gave away your stuff
To Goodwill.

How I wish your ass would've
Came and asked me why I
Messing with your stuff.

You'd tell me I was I was
Crazy talking to myself,
But you didn't. 

You never came.
There's no one to blame
Because you were gone
Just the same

 Cia say your butt
Had not business doing that.
She's mad.  I am, too;
But I can't judge you.
That's Supreme Court stuff.

I didn't see,
Couldn't see,
Didnt' want to see.
Tried to believe.
 
But what better place
For you than Paradise?
It must be nice
Than you ain't hurting
No  more.

 
 

Copyright November 24, 2013 by Elle Chrystopher
All rights reserved.

 

 

*Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Did not know you even had this blog. You now that my heart is beating so rapidly, right now! I love, love, love your words!! V.

    (blackstarr here).

    ReplyDelete