Monday, November 25, 2013

Chubby? Try FAT!

     OK.  I admit it.  I am now fat!  It took a long time to get this way, but believe me .. I don't like it one bit. 
     I know how rude folks are to those of us who are.  It doesn't matter the reason how one gets here.  Those of you that aren't have neither sympathy nor words of encouragement for me.  I have to dig deep again to move it and lose it.
     Twenty-four years ago you wouldn't have called me active.  I didn't know what the word meant!  I had given birth to my second child and, after beginning a new job and having to suffer snide comments about my post-baby silhouette, I took drastic measures and got rid of it in nine months. 
     Fast forward to 2013.  I had not only lost both my dad and sister within weeks of each other, I had developed PTSD.  I was -- still am -- on major psyche meds to get mentally in balance.  (If you'd ever been on this stuff, you'd know how much they both level you brain chemicals and simultaneously slow your energy down.  And did I say it also places major weigh on your ass?)  At 5'2 and 52 years of age, I weight 192 lbs.  The good news is my rings still fit, my nose haven't spread, and I'm still pretty! 
     My musculature is still evident, but Lord!  The belly, hips, and thighs are taking a beating!  Dang if I don't look like a middle aged woman!  Da-yum!
     I am still a free-spirit, still flirtatious, still a struggling, writing Libra.  However, how much more healthy I would be if I can get this health thing back in control.  I went to the nearby Urgent Care to take care of a pesky migraine when the nurse asked me if I had taken my blood pressure meds.
    "I don't take that" I replied stiffly.  I had always had disgustingly low pressure.
    "Oh" Nurse responded.  She didn't believe me.
     Da-yum!  Now I had to contend with high blood pressure! 
     I am pear-shaped.  I am not in danger of a stroke -- at least, not at the moment.  Both my parents had hypertension, but my mom had diabetes.  Fat's not helping a thing!
     So, I'm back, literally, to Square 1.  I do work out, but not consistently.  I am a martial artist.  However, I have to do more to look svelte in my gi.  My latest journey is getting back down to a manageable size.
     Lord have mercy!
  
  
  
     

1 comment:

  1. Well, now. Haven't seen a full photo ofyou in a while, but, I can't imagine you being "fat" (which, in my book is awesome - pay me no mind - I seek out the plus-sized ladies). I must take your word, though, as each of us has our own idea as to what is too much (or little) for our own selves. Hang in there and get thee to a gym - consistently! And, that, btw, is the pot calling the kettle black! V.

    ReplyDelete